Hi Christian,

You really should have most of what you need to figure this out for yourself at:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/connection
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/connection/open
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/connection/exec
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/connection/edit
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/result

Though not SQL optimized nor transaction safe, maybe this example will help you
get started:

Public Sub Main()

   Dim hConn1 As New Connection
   Dim hConn2 As New Connection
   Dim hResult1 As Result

   With hConn1
     .Type = "mysql"
     .Host = "localhost"
     .Login = "username"
     .Password = "passwd"
     .Name = "testdb1"
   End With

   Try hConn1.Open
   If Error Then Print "Cannot Open Database. Error = "; Error.Text

   With hConn2
     .Type = "mysql"
     .Host = "localhost"
     .Login = "username"
     .Password = "passwd"
     .Name = "testdb2"
   End With

   Try hConn2.Open
   If Error Then Print "Cannot Open Database. Error = "; Error.Text

   hResult1 = hConn1.Exec("select id, name from testdb1.those_records")
   For Each hResult1
     hConn2.Exec("update testdb2.these_records set this_name='" & hResult1!name
& "' where this_id=" & hResult1!id)
   Next

End

You can also access the fields as a collection, ie. hResult1["id"],
hResult1["name"]

Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."