On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Le 11 mars 2015 08:37, "Rolf-Werner Eilert" <eilert-sprac...@t-online.de> a
> ??crit :
> > If someone introduced a new mail text protocol, this might be done with
> > tags similar to html. This would leave the text readable in text-only
> > mail clients or for the case something gets garbled. Newer programs
> > could handle the tags and make it up like the message clients on
> > smartphones do.
> >
> > For instance, we could use a simple %DATETIME% tag for a number of
> > lines, and a #DATETIME# closing tag. Or would <DATETIME> </DATETIME> be
> > better? Maybe one could even have a quoting system like that of the
> > popular forums, including the name of the author etc. The mail client
> > would then figure out which block of text belongs where, and the user
> > could choose for top or bottom quote or whatever is preferred.
> >
> > Should we start a project in Gambas? :)
>
> Why not ?... A library, a gui, a cgi

Then we could also carry over Kevin's idea of *linking* message descriptors
instead of quoting their bodies and constructing the displayed text locally
which I kinda like.

But you must be aware that the whole internet outside of Gambas will make
fun of us if our mailing list will ultimately be run by a program written
in Gambas when we already have a software repository written in Gambas :-)

Regards,
Tobi