You may be under the mistaken impression that I have only one copy of
Gambas :>)
My main workstation gets its Gambas from the PPA.

Cheers,

Lewis

P.S.
The compiled version is on a machine that is used only for learning how
to compile and build the  Gambas deb without errors  .... and I am still
learning.