On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 16:45:52 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gam...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Pfew !
>
> I think I finally succeeded in implementing word wrap mode in the new
> text editor. It was painful, but here it is.
>
> I have added two options in the IDE so that you can test:
>
> - A button to toggle word wrap mode individually in each editor.
>
> - A global option to define if word wrap mode must be enabled by default
> when you open a new editor.
>
> Enabling the wrap mode makes the editor slower, as a text line must be
> layouted each time the editor is resized, and it can take more than one
> line to be displayed.
>
> But you will tell me if you have any problem!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

... And another few anomalies

1) When wrapped mode is active and the cursor is on the last visible line in
the editor panel, switching to unwrapped mode results in the active line being
covered  by the horizontal scroll bar. (Minor irritation)

2) When the cursor is on a line towards the middle of the editor panel AND we
are viewing the final lines in the source file , toggling from unwrapped to
wrapped mode results in the source being scrolled so that the current line is
at the bottom of the editor panel. (Moderately irritating)

3) In wrapped mode, if the cursor is on a wrapped part of the line then
toggling to unwrapped mode results in the current line indicator appearing on
the next line (the cursor is still on the now unwrapped line at its' proper
position).  This is considerably annoying and it is unclear where you are about
to type.

regards
Bruce

--