Where to begin, before we even consider scope, just try some really
simple code first to get used to the syntax...

Public Sub Form_DblClick()

   Dim myInt As Integer
   myInt = 5
   'Inc myInt
   'Inc myInt
   'Inc myInt
   'myInt = +1
   'myInt = +10
   'myInt += 1
   'myInt += 10
   Print "myInt is now: " & myInt

End

I've commented out all the lines that might change myInt after we set it
to 5... so try uncommenting (delete the single-quote) each line in turn
and see what happens to myInt when you double-click on the form...

Kind regards,
Caveat