The barcode reader will only return the barcode information not the special
characters that are needed to create it. Once all the barcode is sent the
barcode reader will send a *Return key*.
We can use Gambas to check for the *Return key* so we know the barcode has
been completely read. If you want to see how this works open a spreadsheet
and read a code into a cell and you will see that if the code is read into
cell A1 the cursor ends up in cell B1 because of the *Return key*.
There is no need to program the reader to send any extra characters.
Here is some code you can use to see how Gambas can handle to reader.
BarcodeReader.tar
<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n55083/BarcodeReader.tar>