Le 17/03/2016 14:53, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Beno??t Minisini wrote:
>> Le 15/03/2016 18:40, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to note that the still highly experimental (?) component
>>> gb.web.form performs very well in one of my projects. The project runs web
>>> forms under gb.httpd and has a library which uses the new library mechanism.
>>> Pretty straightforward to set up, and fast if you discount compiling Gambas.
>>>
>>> The server has run on our uni LAN for nearly 34 days with occasional visits,
>>> but enough visits that I can proudly report that it has since spent mere 45
>>> processor seconds in userspace. Its memory usage is still nothing more than
>>> the executable and libraries.
>>>
>>> That is, no unusual processor activity and no memory leaks. Of course, the
>>> project also does what it was programmed for. No data corruption or
>>> anything.
>>> Very neat and thank you, Benoit :-) Others may want to try it out, too.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tobi
>>>

>> Cool. I am actually stuck with the need to implement a calendar pop-up
>> and a treeview.
>>
>> Should I continue to do that entirely from scratch, or should I try to
>> use a Javascript library that already implements the needed stuff.
>>
>> That is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer
>> the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...
>>

> I needed a TreeView, too, but decided to adapt my expectations to the
> available controls (I used a WebTable with indentation instead), because
> I'm not skilled enough in Javascript to even start thinking about how to
> implement a TreeView.
>
> If you have the know-how it would certainly be cool if the controls were
> written from scratch. On the other hand, the GUI components also use
> established widget libraries and in this light it seems like wasted effort
> to write the gb.web.form controls from scratch when perfectly fine (are
> they?) widget libraries do exist.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

OK, I have implemented a calendar popup entirely on the server side, as
this is the "philosophy" of the gb.web.form component. So you get a
DateChooser control, and a DateBox control.

A ColorChooser and ColorBox controls can be made the same way.

As for the treeview, I didn't find it in the well-known JS library. But
I may have miss it, as there are tons of them.

I think it will not be too hard to implement one on the server side,
using the default HTML automatic expanding layout. But it won't be based
on a GridView like the gb.gui.base one, so it will not be usable with
tons of items. Well, we will see when I make it.

Then I don't know what I will to then... Implementing a WebMapView
control based on OpenLayers with the help of Fabien?

Benoît Minisini