I am trying to fetch a web page through a private SOCKS5 proxy using Basic
Authentication with:
   Try hWebView.Url = sUrl
   If Error Then Message.Error("Error retrieving page", "OK")

If the proxy is nonresponsive, the application just hangs, apparently doing
nothing. Sometimes it will timeout after 120-some
seconds. But I get no error message, just an empty response. (HttpClient has a
Timeout, but I cannot use that for this application.)

I see no timeout property for either WebView or WebSettings. Is it possible to
set a timeout for WebView?

--
Lee