Hi

I have Gambas 3.8.4 installed on 3 laptops, in each case running Mint 17.3
Mate. While each is a different hardware spec they are similar. Two have SSDs
and one a spinning HD.

My problem is that on 2 machines Gambas starts up in a few seconds. On the 3rd
it takes more than  a minute. Once it is running it works well - it's purely
the startup which is very slow. All other applications installed on this
machine (SSD) seem to start normally.

I have reinstalled Gambas but it makes no difference. Does Gambas perform any
disk or file checks during startup which might explain this odd behaviour?

Thanks

Nige