http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.984&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Tobias BOEGE:

No, reversing the condition will break even more. It's forward compatibility,
so it should apply to older versions, don't you think? Also you are using an
OpenSSL from 6 years ago and are the only one from whom I heard about a
compilation problem, while I suspect other people with halfways recent OpenSSL
were able to compile the component.

Anyway, in addition to (and correcting) what I said on the mailing list[1], I
did some more digging and it seems that the pctx member did not exist in the
first place in the 0.9.8 history. I tried to support that branch of OpenSSL,
too, in revision #7875. Please test it.

Regarding your comment #2: No. These headers definitely existed before OpenSSL
1.1 and you can't just exclude them without any replacement. Let me repeat:
*you* are the one with an obscure OpenSSL version, not everyone else.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/35292515/

Tobias BOEGE changed the state of the bug to: Working.