Gianluigi and Tobi

I tried to compile, then  I found some modules would be disabled (a long
list of them). Reading the INSTALL instruction I found that in order to
compile for Mint (Ubuntu) I would have to manually define a lot of things
specific to that environment. I gave up because I do not have the time or
knowledge to do what is required (It is not that I am lazy; it is because
time has been quite scarce.

Maybe I should try the unstable version...

Regards

- fernando

> +1 👍
> I also use the version of Gambas compiled from sources without any
> problems☺
> Regards
> Gianluigi

> > On Sun, 11 Jun 2017, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> > > Tobi
> > >
> > > Excuse both my ignorance and poor communication ability. I prefer using
> > the
> > > latest stable version, which I expect be the case when I resort to the
> > PPA
> > > I am presently using. Now, I was not aware that those revisions are
> still
> > > considered unstable. So, I expected (wrongly, I see) that they would be
> > > incorporated into the stable version.
> > >
> > > So, I will stay with the stable version and wait until the changes are
> > made
> > > available for general use. Meanwhile, I'll keep using the workaround
> for
> > > the keyboard locking issue.
> > >

> > Ok, but just a quick remark. "Unstable" is an unclear term. I, for one,
> > always run an unstable version of Gambas (compiled from source) and
> usually
> > have no problems. But once in a while it happens that something is broken
> > in the development version because of a change that was not fully thought
> > through; or you install a revision in the middle of someone making a
> bunch
> > of commits, before he is done with all his changes, and Gambas doesn't
> even
> > compile completely.
> >
> > If you want to test a bug fix (or go on bug hunt yourself), you have to
> use
> > the unstable version, because the stable version is supposed(TM) to not
> > have
> > bugs but to have confirmed bug fixes. Unstable usually isn't as bad as it
> > sounds.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >
> > --
> > "There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecab...@gmail.com
Facebook: f...@fcabral.com.br
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.