YOU complainig-shouting about a typo!

Am 29.07.2017 um 05:53 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
HEY TONY; ITS PICCORO; NOT PICARO! GRRRRR

in the playground wprks perfectly, i not have 3.10, but in the job i have
3.1 and at my home 3.5
its a bug in 3.9 and 3.8, *with 3.1 works perfectly in debian squeeze (very
older but better)*

:

Actually, his original code is correct. For me it runs without error in
the IDE using
the 3.10 development version, but the editor is indeed having trouble
matching the
parentheses.

me too, the edtor has some problems, when the ide made a word wrap, and i
have thesame behaviour, parentheses does not matching correctly..

I also tried it on the playground (which also uses 3.10) and it works
fine : https://gambas-playground.proko.eu/?gist=97ed16795393aa3b689
13025e5d2b83c .

tested, me too..

However the playground's editor does match the parentheses correctly. :)

jajaja excelent work!

Which Gambas version are you using ? There may be an old bug here.

3.9.1 with some git patches..

in the job i have 3.1 and at my home 3.5

its a bug in 3.9 and 3.8, with 3.1 works perfectly in debian squeeze (very
older but better)

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

It's difficult to say for sure what's happening without Piccaro's test
strings.  However, 2 things do come to mind.

First, according to Gambas doc, InStr(strinchar, ")", -n) does a left to
right search for ")", starting at -n  characters from the end of
strinchar.  So if Instr doesn't find ")", it will return 0, which, in
conjunction with the second -1, will cause mid to drop the last character
of strinchar.  So to get the answer you want, use RInstr(strinchar,")").
which will do a right to left search for ")", starting at the end of
strinchar.

Second, there may be a bug in gambas, or the documentation needs to make
clear what end of string means.  This is best explained by example:

Instr("(foo)",")",-1) returns 5
Instr("(foo)f",")",-1) returns 5
Instr("(foo)ff",")",-1) returns 0

This means that Instr(s1,s2,-1) begins its search one character before the
last character of the string.  So end of string actually means last
character of the string and the docs should make that explicit or there is
a bug if the intended meaning of end of string is the position after the
last character of the string.