Le 15/08/2017 à 21:54, Bastian Germann a écrit :
I saw that you made a merge request, but you use the __CYGWIN__ constant
instead of the OS_CYGWIN constant. Is there any reason for that?

There are no pending merge requests that introduce new __CYGWIN__
preprocessor constants, but one rather removes some of these as the
original patch is not needed anymore.

__CYGWIN__ is the standard preprocessor constant to test for Cygwin that
was used in the Gambas codebase before I created any patch for it.
OS_CYGWIN is a Gambas only constant that I used in my newer patches
after you suggested so some time ago.

If you can put all required cygwin changes under the OS_CYGWIN constant,
then you don't need a separate repository anymore, do you? Or is there
something I don't see there.

To be clear: I do not need this repository as the Cygwin packages
include the cygport file that they were generated from. However I want
to give users the chance to easily collaborate on the cygport file. The
standard way to do this is to send patches to the cygin-apps mailing
list. This is not exactly user friendly for both the submitter and
maintainer. I am going to mention the gambas-cygport git repository's
URL as a comment with the next package update and it would be nicer to
have gambas/gambas-cygport instead of bgermann/gambas-cygport.

Also it is nicer for people wanting to contribute to have a git repo
containing the cygport's history instead of downloading each package
version and diffing the cygport file for the same information.

OK, I see!

--
Benoît Minisini