Le Sat, 19 Aug 2017 17:48:30 +0200, Gianluigi <bagone...@gmail.com> a écrit:

I do not understand why the first time I got that data (22 seconds), now
restarting the notebook more times are the same as those with Git.

Sorry, greetings
Gianluigi

For me it goes fairly fast (~3 seconds), but on a SSD, a i5-2450M and 16GB of RAM.
I have 135861 files in /usr/lib.

The System info has nothing to do with git however (it just reads files in your
library paths), so I don't see how it can be related.

However, I noticed that the System Info reads both /lib and /usr/lib, but on some distributions (like ArchLinux), /lib is actually a symlink to /usr/lib, so it gets
scanned twice.
I also noticed a lot of the scanning time was spent sorting the files (not sure why
they had to be sorted, it has no effect on my results).

I changed these behaviors in the latest commit, and it made it 4 times faster for me,
does it help your case ?

Adrien Prokopowicz