Le 21/08/2017 à 11:17, adamn...@gmail.com a écrit :
And just in case you may be wondering why I am so bloody cranky.

I had a failed sale today in an auction about 600km away. This will
cost me about $600 for the horse and about $2000 for transportation.
At about a $250 margin on the day this means that two of us will be
eating sausages, at best, for the next 5 or six weeks.

I am, not to put too fine a point on it, not REALLY BLOODY HAPPY
about moving away from some, any, who cares, SVN based repo.

I think at this stage I will be looking for another base development
language.

So, "so long and thanks for all the fish".

I'm sorry that the switch to git happens in such a bad moment for you. I thought that doing it during the summer where a lot of people are in holidays and business is usually quiet would be a good idea. Alas, for you, it was plain wrong!

I didn't really use git before, and Adrien helped me a lot for that.

I admit that the switch was done like throwing people in the pool so that they learn how to swim.

But I can promise you that once you get used to git, things are easier and faster than with svn. Switching to git was really the right choice.

Benoît Minisini