Le 05/09/2017 à 18:21, Fernando Cabral a écrit :

Some more questions / things to try:

1) Copy the project folder elsewhere in your home directory, but not in
the dropbox tree.  Try to edit.
2) In the copied folder, run chmod --recursive a+w *.  Try to edit.
3) Try creating a new module, class or form.  Try this in both the copied
folder and the original.  Try to add code and edit the new module etc.
4) Can the problems be related to dropbox.

I have already tried this all in various combinations. Some even more
radical, like
making every file and directory 777. I've created a user named gambas and
everything completely open.

Now, I know it has to do with permissions because if I run "sudo gambas3"
it will work!
Now, if I set the user id bit (chmod u+s gambas3, for instance), it does
not work.

How come?

Every single directory and file is rwxrwxrwd. They all belong to me (owner
and group).

This issue has mystified me for several months now. I had settled down and
accepted the idea of keeping using the virtual machine to do the editing.
Until this morning, when someone else refered to the same issue.

- fernando

I am agree with Tobias, it must be something related to the keyboard configuration. Did you try to change your keyboard mapping for example? Do you have different keyboard languages? And so on...

--
Benoît Minisini