I decided to try to see if I can learn gambas.  I am running Linux Mint 18.2
(Sarah).  I installed gambas 3.10 via the package manager.  When I create a
new project, the window on the left (project properties??) is displayed and
a blank form is displayed.  There are no tool boxes on the screen and no
options under any of the icon or text menus to do so.  I have seen screen
shots on the web where it looks like visual basic with a toolbox to chose
items that go on the screen and also the toolbox that shows the properties
for them.  I cannot get this to come up at all.  I tried deleting everything
and followed the instructions for Ubuntu (Mint is based on Ubuntu) by adding
the repo, updating the package lists and installing gambas 3.10.  Same thing
happens.

I assume there must be something I don't understand at all.  Maybe this
doesn't come with the various tool boxes I was used to seeing in visual
basic - I have no clue as I'm just starting out.

If someone could tell this old guy what the heck he is doing wrong it would
be greatly appreciated!

--
Sent from: http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/gambas-user-f3.html