Hi Casey,
There is a miner bug in the engine where the landing sound is played and
not played. In some cases, such as the ladders, and when jumping off of
ropes it is clear. However, for whatever reason sometimes when getting
gems etc the landing sound after a jump can not be heard. One small but
should be easy to fix bugs.