I would say this is in the eye of the beholder, but in my own experience
using cheats eventually does get boring. Especially, if to many are used
together. There are no challenges left in the game to over come.
The idea behind any game is to live and go as far as you can before you
die. This is why Montezuma's Revenge will not have any public cheat
codes. Once your three lives is up it is back to level 1.
In SOD you can still cheat by saving your last position from dying, and
well if you really want to go that route you can.
However, I think those who are adicted to cheats should try playing the
game without using them a few times and see how much more challenging it
is, and how long they spend on actually finding out where stuff is. That
will make the game more emersing.