Hi Ron,
One issue I think this Samuel has totally overlooked is the skill of the
developers and the pay involved to do a better job. As I have said in a
prier post most developers are self-taught and they are not going to be
as good as someone who works for a big name software company, nor do
they have the resources to do a equal job. Second, those who have or
might have those skills is not going to do it for $10000 or $15000 per
game when a big name developer can bust his hind off and get $60000 a year.
Ok, the blind comunity wants graphics with audio. Let's see the money to
pay a graphics designer for the games. Each game is going to be between
$80 and $100 just to start off. Oops, that is more than a Xbox game.
Ok, blind gamers want something that is totally like a sighted game.
Well, I want to hire my own team of game devs, and we all want a
starting sallary of $20000 a year. That means if we spent one year on it
the game has to be $100 and sell at least 600 units.
Audio gaming has juststarted out, but the customers of them have to be
realistic about them. One man can't do the work of three, and a blind
man can't do graphics design. We can't compete with a game company that
has teams of developers working 8 hours a day 5 days a week with paid
vacations, a 401K, etc. Just ain't happening in this life time.