Hi again,

I already sent some of your initial reactions through and here's Samuel's
reply:

------------------------------------

Hi,

A few things:
1.  My experience with audio games is extensive; I started in at the
beginning of the industry, and played many of the dos audio games at a
young age.  I have played most games currently listed on your website, for
periods of differing length.  I have found no shareware games that are
satisfying enough that I wanted more of them than the demo.  This is what
prompted me to begin this project; most of the games can be divided into
three or four different types, and within these subtypes every game seems
the same as every other game.  Also, many of the more complex (and
interesting) projects died a pre-beta death.

2.  My opinion is not ment to offend, the reason I am collecting data (or
attempting to do so) is because I see nothing that can prove the point
either way right now.  I do not expect my simple efforts to somehow result
in the gospel of the audio games market, you would need a team of
researchers with more than a high school education for that.  What I do
hope for is something that I can base some general conclusions and
statements on, and a feeling for where audio games are headed that is
hopefully (as I am a player) more positive than the one I am getting from
looking over the collection of available games.

------------------------------------

In all honesty, I actually quite like it that someone stands up and starts
thinking about these games, the state and direction of the industry, (as
well as some fundamentals like "Is there an industry or are we all just
sharing a hobby here...?") etc. That's also the reason why I reacted the way
I did on the questions of the survey - I would love to see some sort of
answers to Samual's initial questions ("which way is the industry heading").
That's why I think it's a waste to try and get those answers through asking
the wrong questions.

I suggest continuing this discussion on his survey-page over at:
http://fastfinge.livejournal.com/7642.html

Greets,

Richard