I havn't mannaged to get any dos games to play on there.
Firstly the reader needs to understand dos.
Even if it does, the sapi or other software will not run well I have heard.
As for hardware previded you have a serial  port and win xp doesn't
mind, ie does not crash, crashes and reboots with a hardware error
meaning a reformat, or other things you theretically can.
I havn't mannaged even on an old windowbridge system in 98 to fully
play every game i own though.
Inform mostly, not agt or tads, and even with tpatch I can't get some
games like cosmoserve to run right.
YOu really need either a dos system or a linux system me thinks to
play tads and inform properly.
Inform stuff can be played in windows with winfrotstts, but I have
trouble with save and restore.
Unless you have an old system you can play on, forget the games.