Hi David.
lowbacca also apears in the New Jedi Order books as well. If I am not
mistaken doesn't he get knocked off in Star By Star?
That book was probably the best and worst of the New JediiOrder books.
Mainly because every time you turned around many of the Jedi  were
getting whiped out. That included miner and main characters. Nuts!
We won't even talk about Vector Prime. Those who have read it know why.