I wanted to learn chess with a computer game, but their really isn't a
program catered for the beginner. Even KChess, which claims to be for
beginners, it doesn't teach chess, only can give hints. I know the moves,
but I don't know any tactics. The sighted community has an excellent game
called Chessmaster, which is totally inaccessible. It teaches the moves,
tactics, strategies, nearly everything. I have heard that you can get
Talking Chess Computers which teach chess, but does anyone know of an
accessible model? My friend bought one from America, but can't use it
because even though it speaks it doesn't speak the computers moves, just
lights them up on the display.
Someone asked about online chess, I think Winboard for JFW allows a person
to play online.
Ari