use smoke, try to get rid of as many troops as you can.
In theory, your friends will try to help you when they show but don't
rely on that.
use smoke to get accross the bridge and keep the marshes to the right
and left of you so you are in the middle.
Get to 1000 meters from the bridge and stop.
unless the artilerys move behind you and he will eventually do this
you are blocking him.
Unfortunately he then has a limited range.
And for the most part he may leave you alone.
If he starts shelling you loads, move a bit ahead.