Hi, Shaun.
It is true we don't have much commercially available for us. Allot of it
has to do with lack of skills, and also a majority of visually impaired
are on social services like SSI which prevents a person from collecting
income not handed out by the government. Especially, if it comes in
chunks of 2000 one month, and 0 the next.
As for sighted working along side us commercially I don't see that
happening unless they can build in 3D color graphics, and so on. There
is little interest except for say a few who would like an audio based game.
As for the big time companies we are nothing to them. When they collect
hundreds of thousands of dollars and even millions on a title what is a
mere 12000 or 20000 to them. That is to them pocket change.
I don't have any answers here, but one thing is clear things will
continue as is for a while until something major changes it.