Hi.
It takes a while to write a fully working game. One thing I did forget
to mention is game engines in general. If you have a basic set of
functions, classes, bla ready to go that speeds up development time as well.
When I started monty my audio class was originally for STFC, but since
it could not handle the complexity of Monty I largely expanded it. I
have since copied it to my other game projects, and as I build upon that
one file all of my games are getting updated at once, and all have the
ease of use, reliable tested code, from that class.
I also have a math library for math related functions, etc. As I build
upon that file with necessary math functions and calculations naturally
all I need to do is attach it to my next game project and don't hav to
reinvent the wwheel.
That is what developing reusable libraries and engines is all about.
Make it once, update it, and all your games run from that basic set of code.
When you start out fresh there is added time creating all that stuff.