Hi, Ivan.
As I just pointed out when you run dxdiag you are given the version of
DirectX such as 9.0C and then a build number like 4.09.xxx. The second
number, the build number 4.09.xxx, is the important part for
compatibility. The rule of thunb is you should be running the same or
better build number. Most people think they have 9.0C but don't realise
that Microsoft is frequently updating 9.0C so there is several versions
of 9.0C.
There have been three updates to DirectX 9.0C this year alone.
Febuary,April, and June. So just because it is 9.0C does not mean it is
the same version Che or I compiled with.