On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 13:58 +1200, shaun everiss wrote:
> I would really like doom1 2 and maybe 3 developped.
> I think there is source code on the ftp.idsoftware.com site somewhere.
> Ideally I'd like duke nukem, the 3d addition, the last one for dos
> that was devellopped or some of the newer additions.
end-quote

These are good suggestions, and we thought about them when starting with
Quake.  However, the engines are now very limited and not played much
and we'd like to keep the AGRIP project reasonably current with the next
game, whatever and whenever that may be.

quote
> If you still wanted to stay with quake quake2 and quake 3.
end-quote

Quake 3 is the next logical choice, as it is Open Source and popular
(and will be for a while yet; QuakeWorld -- the game AudioQuake is based
on -- still is!)

I would like to use the Unreal Tournament engine but it's not Open
Source and doesn't look like it's ever going to be.  That's a shame,
because it is a much better environment for developing extensible
gamecode than the Quake engines.

Cheers muchly for the input!

best regards,

--