Games we wouldn't like to play.
Bizarre Foreign Children's games

by Phil Vlasak
When game developers search for new game concepts do not use these as good
examples.
WHO'S THE MOST HANDSOME?
Milo is the most handsome gnu in the world. His mother tells him so
non-stop. He often asks himself what he's got that the others don't. So Milo
decides
to take part in a beauty pageant for animals. The first prize is a trip to
Paris. But nothing is going as planned. In the crowd of candidates, Milo
feels
a little alone. And no longer so handsome. Suddenly, he sees a little
penguin with his young refrigerator.
A drama is at hand.

GO ON! DON'T GIVE UP, SLUG!
>From all appearances, there is a shell; it's a slug and a snail. However,
how about if we trace the slug's ancestors?
A game with a unique viewpoint of
a slug.

BUD AND THE NAMELESS POTATO
One day, after school, Bud finds a strange potato on the table. Bud runs
after the potato and falls into a fantastic world swept away by a huge
vortex.
Bud wants to know the name of the potato but it doesn't have any name. And
so Bud begins to travel with the nameless potato in search of its lost name
all around the world.

THE BROTHER EGGSHELL CHICK STILL WANTS TO PUT ON ITS SHELL
Big Brother Egg is the eldest of the pack. While all of his younger brother
and sisters have already turned into baby chicks, Big Brother Egg does not
want to hatch. He wants to stay in his eggshell forever. But it's high time
that he grew out of his shell. . . .
You will be amazed by how many times it takes to break the shell by hitting
the up arrow key.

THE CAT AND THE CLARINETIST
"A heartwarming fantasy full of clarinet sounds!" What is best ever for me
is a life with cat. One evening there came a cat. She loved the sound of
my clarinet. As listening to my tone, she got bigger and bigger, first
larger than bed, then larger than house! You will be fulfilled with joy by
the growing
cat as you play on.

WHERE IS MY LEOPARD-DOTS PANTY?
"Oh my! My leopard-dots panty is gone! It was in my drawer!" a kid shouts in
his room, and from here the colorful game begins. First, it's a baby lion
who puts the panty on his head to be like his father. Then it's a thick and
large snake who takes a nap in the panty hanging down. Up next is a
flamingo.
Wow! She is wearing the panty as a necklace for her wedding. Then a baby
otter wears it like a swimming glass. Very hilarious!

PUPPY POO
You play a lump of Puppy Poo forsaken at the corner of an alley. Everyone
avoids you saying "Dirty Poo!" One drizzling spring day, Puppy Poo meets a
young dandelion plant
who needs fertilization. Puppy Poo joyfully breaks itself down and soaks
into the root of dandelion. This self-sacrifice finally blooms a dandelion
bud
into its full glory.
A moving and lessonful game.

A GIRL BORN WITH A SOUND OF FART
In the island far south, a baby was born with a sound of fart. She grew up
to be a nice girl and her great fart would often save people from wild
animals.
Then she was asked to save people from the monster that comes for babies
when the moon is full. On a full moon night, she set out for the sea to face
the
monster, with her powerful fart her only leverage.

THE TOILET EXPRESS
Rubbing his sleepy eyes a little boy gets up to pee. But he bumps into the
toilet that was on his way to an excursion. The toilet says he was late
already
and could not help him! The chase starts. The boy follows the toilet to the
station and jumps on the Toilet Express. Dynamic game with that familiar
feeling of holding to go and the relief that follows is humorously
described.

AREN'T THEY ALL DRUNKEN?
Children always ask adults "Why?" and one of the most frequently asked
"why?" is "Why do they drink?" This question leads to other questions like
"Why
do their faces turn red?" "Why do they keep on saying the same thing?" "What
happens in their body when they drink?" "Why they come to themselves after
some hours?" No one can readily answer these questions, so in this game,
let's play with the mystery of alcohol!

Note from Phil:
These games are inspired by
The blog of Cheryl Klein,
Bizarre Foreign Children's Books of the Day
http://chavelaque.blogspot.com/2006/07/bizarre-foreign-childrens-books-of-day.html