Hi.
Although, not all the items won in combat are useful. The shield of the
dragon is not bad, the belt of the bear is helpful, the ring is ok, but
the helm of the stag for example I found wasn't all that useful as
armour. I could buy better helms in Talanis.
The blade of the fox is a good sword, but nothing compared to the Hale
Blade.
That said all the armour etc is a good start until the player can either
buy better or find better.