Hi Don and all,
This is a bit off topic for this particular list, but since many of you
are interested in the subject of game development I'll answer
yourquestions so that all of us are on the same page. Smile.
As for obtaining Visual Studio Express 2005 you can download and install
the compilers and IDEs
for free from
http://www.microsoft.com/vstudio/express
As a Window Eyes user myself I can't answer your question about Jaws
accessibility, but Window Eyes 5.5 does quite well with the IDE out of
the box with no sets/scripts. Although I made some set files to improve
access in a few areas. For Jaws users you will need to experiment and
find out how accessible it is to Jaws without scripts.
As for some pointers I have started writing my code in notepad rather
than the IDE that ships with Visual Studio. Reason is Visual Studio does
allot of changing colors, highliting, have error messages marking
mistakes, which might be helpful but drives screen readers mad.
What I do is I write my code in notepad, open the IDE link the file to
my project, and then compile, and debug using the IDE, but the actual
major coding is done in Windows notepad.
Hth.