Hi Allan,
True. One of the nice things about Trek has always been that it has been
flexable enough to take in all kinds of odd storylines and somehow they
sometimes become cannon. For example, the mirror universe and
alternative histories that come up in books and shows. Heck, I read a
Voyager book one time based totally on the mirror Voyager in that
parallel universe and it was interesting seeing how the characters
personalities were on the darker side of things. They made Janeway out
to be some kind of slut, and the other characters had unusual behaviors
you wouldn't see on your average Voyager tv show. Grin.
Although, now that I think of it maybe if they had thought of it they
hjust might. The Mirror Kira Nerys from the mirror universe in shows
like Through the Looking Glass was a very slutty character as well as
crule, and I liked the shows she was in. It was an interesting change
from the Kira we know and like.
Anyway, back to the idea remember the show Yesterday's Enterprise? In
that xshow the writers of Star Trek found an interesting way to slip in
a war with the Klingons as well as bring Tosha back on to the show.