Hi Nicol,
Upuntil now no one in the accessible games market has decided on a game
rating system. We have discussed it a time or two, but came to no
conclusions.
Sometimes it is hard to decide what catagory a game falls in to. Take my
revised STFC project or the original STFC for that matter. The theme is
around Star Trek, but it is about all out war. So in that term there is
some violent ship-to-ship combat in it. However, I don't see it as
violent enough to get people to kill people. I'd put a rated E on it
since everyone should be able to play it.
Now, take Shades of Doom. Lots of fighting some killing, and perhaps one
of the most vilent games we have in the accessible games comunity. How
would we rate it? T for teen? M for mature? It really depends on point
of view, and compared to some sighted games SOD is tame.