Hi Bryan,
Yeah, I don't know where some of these parents are when these kids are
buying or playing some of these games. Then, usually they are the first
ones to point the finger at the game rather than little Jonnie's actions.
When I was growing up one or both of my parents knew what games I had.
Often our Atari 7800 and N.E.S. was right in the living room, and all
the games were there as well right next to it. They knew I had Teen Age
Mutent Ninja Turtles, Double Dragon, Bad Dudes, Castlevania, etc...
However, the arrangement on those consoles was it was family property
not just mine. I had rights to play on it, but my mom and sometimes dad
would play games they wanted to play on it as well.
Perhaps many parents just buy their kid a PS2, Xbox, Game Cube, now days
and don't care what he/she is playing on it, and that is a failior to do
the parents job.