You're supposed to use the rope and leash with the person, not the well. And
as for the stinky potion, you should already have gotten that if you're
using the rope and leash combo with the well. Here's wht should happen.
  After completing the bu catching mission from the professor, you should
have acquired a dog whistle, a stinky potion and a bubbling potion. Then, go
to the lbrary and inspect the books. Keep doing this until you find the rain
dancing book. You could actually get that one at any time. Take the book
back to the swamp but don't use the raft. Instead, use the dog whistle with
the rain dancing book and catch the frog that appears. He's hard to catch
but keep at it. Take the frog back to the village and go to the church. Use
the stinky potion on the frog, then use the frog with the organ lady.
Examine the organ after she leaves and take the key. now go to the library
and talk to the librarian. If you have the book on hermitting you should
automatically hand it back in and get the organ repair manual in return. Go
bak to the church and use the organ key with the manual, then use the key
with the organ. That should make the organ ready to play. Go back to the
swamp and use the raft to go back to the hermit camp. Give Old Bill the
bubbling potion and he'll give you some peanuts. Now go back to the village
and go to the pet store. Use the peanuts with the parrot and remember the
notes it sings. You should also be able to grab the leash at this point,
which you've obviously done. Now, go back to the church and play the notes
the parrot told you. Go through the back door that opens and take the penny.
the rope and leash. Use the rope with the leash, then use the resultant item
on the person. He'll give you a strange key. Take this back to the graveyard
and use it with the tomb. This will make a keypad appear with four diferent
tones. This puzzle is surprisingly tricky considering the fact that there's
only four tones to the sequence and only four possible tones. Just keep
trying and you'll be able to enter the tomb. Grab the hammer and go back to
the village nd use the hammeron the bell three times. Ou'll get a key. Now
leave the village and go toward the big tree. When you get there, go to the
forest. If you haven't read the paper from Lily's house, here are the
directions. Go north, East, South, East, North, North, West. Use the key. Go
to the manor and listen to the ending.