the directx version avaible to ms updating software is 2004 or there abouts,
you need to go to something like www.softwarepatch.com, click windows link, and
you are away, the site is loaded with adds, popups and things, and they have
been slack with update descriptions, however I am prepaired to let this addware
filled site go, as it gives good reviews, I also think they test all stuff they
do before uploading the info for the downloads.
Without that site I wouldn't have what I have today its saved my rear loads of
times so I don't mind extra junk that comes from it.
For the service it prevides I'd even concider donating some cash they are that
good.
Its one place you can be sure to pick distributables and if you are lucky
enough and well if there is time betwene updates you may see powertoys amongst
the patches.