Hi Rob,
I think that many of the points you raised are shared by more educated
programmers and developers. Those of us who are adept at Visual C#,
Visual C++, Visual Basic, Java, have a huge advantage in that we can
basically create anything we can dream up and program. Not only that
design applications above and beyond games. However, that isn't really
the point of Audio Game Maker.
The point of the project as I see it is a tool which will allow
non-programmer and non-techno types a chance at writing games. Perhaps
they won't be the next Shades of Doom, Final Fantacy, Quake, but they
will be easy enough to create and hopefully fun to play. If nothing else
something amature game developer x can post and say, "hey, look what I
made."
It is also important to remember that GMA offers their engine which is
easier than learning a full blown programming language if an amature
wishes to go with something a bit more pro grade.