Hi Shaun,
What you say is true, but there have been exceptions. For example in
Redemption when the Duras sisters joined Commander Sela from the Romulan
Empire in hopes of overthrowing the Klingon government.
There is also the case in when the Die is Cast where the Cardassians and
Romulans joined forces to attack the Dominion homeworld.
So at least some of the time the enemies can cooperate, but that is very
rare.