Hi Cara,
With me I am so used to full sized keyboards when I am on my laptop I
have troubles locating keys like specific function keys, page up and
down, etc. They all move, and on my notebook they are all crunched
together in such a way my fingers often touch not one but two keys or so.
The other side reason is I am a Window Eyes user. Window Eyes heavily
relies on the numberpad for use. If you don't have one the screen reader
is next to impossible to use unless you switch to the laptop layout, and
there layout is, well, confusing. Jaws's laptop layout is much more
easier to use.