Hi Raul,
An alternate universe or mirror universe sounds good. Even possably the
universe in yesterday's Enterprise where the Federation was at war with
the Klingons.
On our little side note I believe Insurection. happened in  Deep Space 9
season 6. Maybe it was the book where one of the Enterprise crew
congradulated Warf on his marriage to Dax. That would indicate it takes
place sometime after their marage but sometime before Jadzia's death in
the sixth season.

One thing I can tell is that First Contact and Insurection. happpen very near
to each other in the timeline. Probably not more than a year or two between
them.