Well, I've experienced both sides to the problem of input, and directinput
clearly loses. For one thing, the arrow keys stick in JAWS's jaws, and nothing
happens. Second, you only get to press keys, not hold them down.
The bad side of the form input though is that you can only hold one key down at
a time, so now I'm trying to figure out how to use the shift key to make my
character run. Can't use KeyUp since when a new key is pressed, VB6 lets go of
the old one.
Check out my games at
www.ThePionEar.net
and my music, and that of my band, at
www.ThePionEar.net/BlindLabyrinth.html .
If you want to reach me, you can call 419-744-0517, friend me on Facebook,
(KenWDowney,) or write me at kenwdow...@me.com .
Crazy Ken