Hi Dennis,
As far as I am aware of Jim Kitchen's NFL is the only accessible
football game out there for us at the moment. However, I can suggest a
couple of good racing games which are being developed.
As far as racing games I can think of two of them.
USA Raceway doesn't have a demo at this point in time, but you can get
info on it by visiting
http://www.usagames.us/raceway.html
You can also find out about Rail Racer and buy a copy of the beta at
blindadrenalinsimulations.com
I own the beta of Rail Racer, and it is certainly becoming a very
interesting racing game.
Oh, and if you don't already have it there is a free racing game called
Topspeed 2 by
playing in the dark.