Hi Gang,
After reading thrut he emails, I think that in the end, Tom is correct.
As much as I like XP, and enjoy my desktop and all the things I know how to do
with it, I fear there is no real choice.
Eventually, sooner rather then later, audio Game developers need to advance
their technology, which emans we, if we wish to continue playing games, will
also  have to do so as well.
It isn't a matter of if, but when. And when is just around the corner.
So I am going to do it. I am going to upgrade, and get a 64 bit computer with
the bells and whistles and tackle working with win8.

So I am asking for information on or off list if people could provide useful
resources for someone to learn all about how to use windows 8, and what
hardware I should consider. Is a touch screen going to be useful? I use outlook
express, is that windows live mail, whatever that is, a good replacement?
what would people recommend for a medium to high end processor, hard drive and
ram? Is there a list somewhere of games that do not work on windows 8 which
still work on win xp? It just seems so overwhelming.
I am assumeing nvda has no problem on win 8? I am hoping I can get jaws up to
it's current version, but that is sounding like it may be problematic from what
I have been reading.

Thanks anyone and everyone for your help in advance.

al

"The truth will set you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33A.D.