This is true. It's very easy to take the flat, emotionless tone of a
screen reader and project that onto how the person might be saying
what they're thinking. When you think of it that way, it's easy to
assume that people are being deliberately malicious or ignorant. If
you had the same conversation face to face, or even over the phone,
you get so many other subtleties from tone of voice and even how
relaxed the environment is in general that give you clues on what is
meant by things that are being said. I do get awfully tired of certain
people, (not on this list, thank God), who repeatedly say that how
they come across online isn't their problem, it's yours for not having
a thick skin and other such things. I think there's a lot more to it
than that.