Well, Alpha 4 is here.
I squished a rather embarrasing bug in which the sounds were totally upside
down. Things that should have been on the left were actually on the right, and
things that should have been in front of you sounded behind you.
Also sped up the cars and added four more of them. Now, with just a few lines
of extra code, you could turn this into a 3d version of Road splat... Except
that it's funner to just blow everything up lol. By the way, when you do
vanquish all the mobs, you are now told that you won. Kill count is tracked,
but i haven't yet put a key for the player to hear what it is.
The arrow keys work again, but make sure to turn off Jaws first.
The map is more involved than ever, so I'll probably have to write a short
description for the next release. Here are two examples from the map, one
object and one region. It's a plain text file, and is completely configurable
as long as you follow the guidelines. If you add sounds, you'll need to make
sure they are PCM signed 16-bit wave files with a sampling rate of at least
22.05 KHZ.

---
object
This can also be set to region.
mono
Can also be set to stereo, provided that you have two sound files, one of the
left channel and one of the right, or simply two different sounds representing
the same thing, such as two different sounds of birds.
car1
car
Car1 is the generic name of the car. It could also be called Ford or anything
you like. The next line is the name of the sound file.
CarHitsPlayer
Self explanatory
carcrash
Car runs out of hit points and dies
50
car's total hit points at beginning
100
amount of damage it does if it hits the player
2
2
2
Length, width, and height
5
48
50
Positions in 3D space
Direction traveling
50
speed
---
region
Can also be set to object
grass
region name
grass
sound file name
0
0
50
44
100
50
These six numbers represent the regions start and end points in all axes.
In the next version, I'll add another flag for what the object should do after
you destroy it. It will either be indestructable, die, or respawn and move at
higher speeds.
Other feedback and additions welcome.