Hi Sarah,

As you know they say hindsight is 20/20, and I can certainly see what
part I had to play in the confusion. As you said I didn't really make
it clear to the customers that those betas weren't necessarily  going
to reflect the final product although I was thinking of something like
that at the time. I was mainly worried that people would complain and
accuse me of screwing them over like James North if I did what
Draconis does by just announcing final releases and doing and all the
testing and development privately. If I had done that I wouldn't have
created this current situation, but I'm certain I would have taken a
lot of heat for basically not releasing anything since 2008. So its
one of those situations of being between the proverbial rock and hard
place.

That said, I don't actually give people a lot of information on the
projects I am working on for exactly the points you raised. I've got a
handful of diff rent projects at various stages of development, and I
don't want to fall into the trap of giving out too much information
about them much less give people a false sense of hope as to when they
get released. Likewise I don't expect to email the list every month
with a play by play update as this new version of Mysteries of the
Ancients gets developed because I have a preliminary idea for the game
but things are likely to change between now and the time I have
something ready for the community. So I am going to be playing my
cards close to my chest. :d

Cheers!