Paul, you're right.

when a player was above you you would hear a rising tone and a falling tone
would sound when a player was below you.

What you and others may not know is that you could enable the mouse so you
could fluidly look up, down, or left / right to move or target as well.

So head shots were actually possible though there was no accessibility features
implemented to make this easier for VI players.

Since Audio quake is itself a mod of Quake, in order to create mods of Audio
Quake you must actually know how to code the game. You need to use Quake C  to
do this so it's actually quite a nice easy way of coding yet not coding the
game! lol!

What I mean is that while you could create new game elements from the ground up
you didn't need to if you didn't want to. You could also simply just rely on
game elements which were already created.

this made game modding quite fun and rewarding.

Anyway, I guess my point is that more things are possible with quake and its
three current accessible mods. Really the sky is the limit and I hope people
still consider working with it.

Smiles,

Cara :)
---