Hi Adam,

Correct me if I'm wrong but Linux works quite well for visually
impaired, right?
End quote

Yes and no. The shell based applications work extremely well with speech
with speakup, yasr, etc... The gui x-windows applications are very much
hit and miss. To be accessible with a screen reader like the gui screen
reader orca a graphical  application under Linux must meet strict
accessibility guidelines such as be compatible with gtk2 accessibility
standards, use the accessibility tool kit (atk,) and because of this
apps in Linux are hit or miss. Anything written prier to the guidelines
went in to effect forget it. Anything written in the past couple of
years or so has some accessibility. The apps that work well work well,
and those without the guidelines and access support are hopeless. Some
distributions such as Ubuntu are aware of these short comings and pack
as many accessible applications in there distribution as they can as
well as use the accessible Gnome dekstop as the default desktop, and
comes packed with the orca screen reader as a added bonus.

How well does webbrowsers work? How do you deal with frames on webpages?
End quote

The text based web bbrowsers are fine. The graphical web browsers have
some accessibility hang ups. A linux user wishing to browse the web
under a graphical environment like Gnome would do best to have Gnome
2.16 with the very latest test builds of Firefox to get reasonable
access to the internet.
That said Firefox has a cool way to toggle through frames. I believe f6
takes you to the next frame and shift f6 takes you to the pprier frame
under Linux. Quite nice and handy.