Hi John,

Its generally good practice to create a player class for the player
character. That way you can keep all your variables and player methods
stored in one location plus you can use that class for serialization
and deserialization etc when it comes to saving and restoring games.

However, in more complex games you may even find it useful to have
more than one class for your player character. For instance, in my
game Mysteries of the Ancients I actually have two different classes.
One is for Angela Carter, and the other is a special inventory class
that keeps track of her weapons, gold coins, scrolls, and other
inventory data. Its very modular, and I can add to or build upon those
classes and reuse them in other games.

P.S.

I'll subscribe you to the developers list. Not sure what the problem
is but I can add you manually from here.

Cheers!